Want to use the power of running to make a difference in the life of a girl? Join Girls on the Run SoleMates, the charity running “leg” of Girls on the Run of the Greater Chesapeake.
What are SoleMates?
We are a team of male and female athletes who the athletic event of their choice while raising money for Girls on the Run of the Greater Chesapeake. SoleMates set personal goals such as participating in a 5K, half marathon, or triathlon event to play a vital role in ensuring the future success of Girls on the Run programs that impact on the lives of thousands of young women every year.
Why become a SoleMate?
- You'll make a positive difference in the lives of local girls
- You'll receive a personal fundraising page and support throughout your training
- You'll receive fun emails including fundraising suggestions and training tips
- You'll receive a SoleMates technical shirt
- You'll receive an invitation to meet a team who will directly benefit from your efforts
- You'll receive free registration to the most joyful and inspirational 5K of the season: our end of season 5K!
How much money do I have to raise and what is the money used for?
SoleMates agree to raise a minimum of $300 when registering for an event of their choosing. SoleMates who raise at least $500 can be reimbursed up to $50 of their event entry fee and those that raise a minimum of $1000 can be reimbursed up to $100 of their entry fee.
All the money raised goes directly to Girls on the Run of the Greater Chesapeake. It supports girls who are not able to afford the program registration fee, helps organize the 5K, and supports the operating costs for all of the teams.
How do I become a SoleMate?
- Pick an event of your choosing
- Register on Raceplanner: Click Here
- Set up your fundraising page by following step by step instructions provided on Raceplanner
- Share your page via e-mail or Facebook with your family and friends so they can donate to your cause
- Raise a minimum of $300 and change the lives of young girls who you will enable to participate in our life-changing program!
This spring, our SoleMates' main event will be the Baltimore Ten Miler on June 3rd.
For questions or more information, please contact Heather Hatfield: email@example.com.