1) How have you been involved with Girls on the Run?
In the past, my daughter participated in the program in elementary school. I am very excited to join the board for GOTR Greater Chesapeake.
2) What drew you to the program to get involved now?
I believe in the overall mission of GOTR. Making this program available to as many girls as possible is really amazing. I'm honored to have the opportunity to use my skills to further the mission and values of GOTR.
3) Why do you think it's so important for girls today to have access to this program?
Social media has magnified the idea that self-worth and value are based on what other people think and like. GOTR helps to provide a foundation for positive self-esteem and confidence. Girls need to know they can achieve anything they put their minds to.
4) How did the program impact your daughter?
She learned to make new friends and was really excited and proud that she was able to able to achieve the goal she set.
5) What are some of your hobbies or interests?
I'm a real estate investor; looking for investment opportunities is the closest thing I have to a hobby. When I have a little free, I spend it with friends and family or doing community service.