1) How have you been involved with Girls on the Run?
I have been a Head Coach for about 15 years.
2) What drew you to the program to get involved?
I loved the curriculum and the way the lessons are based on empowering young ladies to reach for their dreams.
3) Why do you think it's so important for girls today to have access to this program?
Many girls in our society are not growing up with positive messages; many are unsure of their worth and possible positive impact on our world. They need GOTR to find their star and ignite their power.
4) How have you seen the program impact a girl on your team?
I was a coach long before my daughter was born and she went through the program. Years later, I still see the impact it has had on her. I hear her sharing pearls of wisdom with her friends and see her standing tall and using positive language when dealing with what seem like impossible situations. She is confident and passes the positivity on, making a difference.
5) What are some of your hobbies or interests?
I love to take walks with my kids, read, and craft. I love spending time with my family and watching musicals.